Magic happens when women of different minds and passions gather together- even more so when they work around each other.
The One Girl Band Space is a home for that magic.
The OGB Space is a base for female creative entrepreneurs. It’s a positive + creative space focused on uniting + supporting intersectional like-minded women who are tired of working from home + alone, and crave some interaction from someone other than the postman. This is for the freelancers, designers, writers, developers, start ups, anyone who can work remotely.
Within our co-working environment, we bring together individual workers and give them the chance to have a place alongside each other, create relationships and work together; we're all about community over competition.
As well as desk space, we have our OGB monthly meet ups + Expertise Sessions here, as well as workshops and events hosted by other female movers + shakers.
Why we wanted to start the One Girl Band Space:
Brighton needs a dedicated home for female-identifying creatives to feel comfortable, supported and empowered. They need a chance to move their businesses out of their homes, off of their kitchen tables to a place that is reasonably priced, and doesn't take all of their income. They need the opportunity to meet women just like them, to see that others are in the same boat. They deserve to create the life that they desire, and they deserve to do that in a safe, calm environment.
The OGB Space is in the Vine Street Warehouse, a wonderful building on Vine Street in the bustling North Laine of Brighton. Kitted out with premium furniture, beautiful art prints and plants, our aesthetic is simple, stylish and minimal to give you a blank canvas; to make your desk your own.
We have our monthly coffee mornings and Expertise Sessions in the Space (which are free for members), as well as OGB Member Social's which include movie nights, bottomless brunches and goal-setting sessions.
You're more than welcome to come and view the space before deciding to see if it's right for you, just get in touch (please don't turn up at the space unannounced for viewings/day passes, you'll need to book an appointment. See below for more information).
- Full time.
- Includes everything (your desk + chair, small storage unit, internet, electric, rates).
- Free admission to all OGB events (plus invites to our exclusive OGB Socials each month).
- Discounted event hire rate.
- Free tea + coffee.
£170 a month
- Part time, 3 days a week max.
- On a hot-desk basis*.
- Includes your co-working space, internet, electric, rates.
- Free admission to all OGB events (plus invites to our exclusive OGB Socials each month.
- Free tea + coffee.
£95 a month
Purchase a day pass for the use of the coworking space between the hours of 8.30am-8pm Monday to Friday. When you arrive at the checkout, please put your desired days/times of usage in the 'additional information' box. We'll then email you to confirm.
- There's a Vintage Market in the space on every first weekend of the month so we close early on the Friday's before/open later on the Monday's after but the price reflects this.
- Opening times are currently Monday-Friday 8.30am-6pm on event days, 8pm on non-event days.
- Both membership options are on a monthly rolling contract, with a 30 day leave notice period.
- £30 one-off sign up fee is required for all membership levels.
- We are dog-friendly.
- * You'll have a space on our large community table, rather than a desk.
- Price is inclusive of VAT.
Please note we are currently not hiring out the Space for any new workshops/events due to our upcoming renovation. Keep an eye out here for when we'll be hiring out again.
Images by Emma Croman