One Girl Band is a collective for female entrepreneurs + creatives who work for and by themselves.
We want to empower and support women into business. We want to show just how capable you are of being a One Girl Band, and how you are more than good enough. With OGB, we want to encourage women to be their brilliant selves with no apologies. We want to connect you all, and ensure you know how great + brave you are for setting up your own venture, whilst living the life you want. We welcome everyone who self-identifies as a woman, from all walks of life.
We don't believe in stuffy networking events full of suits and bad feelings, and we don't believe you have to follow the same journey as every other creative business owner. You have the power to go your own way, and to reach your version of success.
Being a One Girl Band doesn't have to be lonely.
Imagine meeting other likeminded women who share the same passions and aspirations as you. Through OGB, you can meet other likeminded creative women in real life at our coworking space, monthly meet ups/expertise sessions, and through our online community. You gain access to a world of knowledge, information and passion. What could be better than benefitting both your business and yourself, whilst making pals in the process?
It's for you if:
- You identify as a woman.
- You have/or you do want to have your own business
- You are feeling a bit lonely or isolated working by yourself
- You feel no one in your immediate circle (partners, family, friends) completely understand your venture
- You want to feel empowered in your decisions
- You crave some calmness in your life
- You want to be connected to other One Girl Bands, women in the same boat as you
- You are committed and excited at the prospect of creating a better life for yourself.
If this is you, then you're our girl.
How we do it
We have regular 'original' meet ups where we gather to chat about our ventures, our ups, our downs and gain some insight into each other's lives.
We have a closed Facebook group full to the brim with creative women who are just like you.
- We have a dedicated coworking space in the centre of Brighton, full of inspirational women doing their own thing and craving some community.
- We have Expertise Sessions where an industry professional comes in, and we learn about the in's and out's of running a business, such as accounting, social media, product photography, time management etc.
- Coaching services are provided by our founder, Lola, to give you the real life advice and knowledge needed in order to be a successful One Girl Band.
- Lola also creates a world of supportive content, like the OGB podcast, weekly newsletters and the blog, that is full of knowledge, advice, and real, human insights into being a female entrepreneur.